Follow Us @soratemplates

Tuesday, December 8, 2020

Review: Conceit (7 Deadly Seals)


Conceit (Se7en Deadly SEALs #1) by Alana Albertson

Published March 2020

Se7en deadly Navy SEALs bound to secrecy about a party that ended in tragedy.

Six months my innocent brother Joaquín has spent in jail for a murder.

Five hours a day I've trained to go undercover to learn the truth.

Four plastic surgeries to transform into a pinup to gain access to their world.

Three shots of tequila I down before I take off my clothes to dance for the SEALs.

Two years since I'd left my soul mate Grant, the only man who can help me now.

One dead stripper found strangled and drugged.

Zero room for error. I'm Joaquín's only hope for freedom. No sin is too depraved, no challenge is too great. Even if it means destroying my soul.



Ok I'll be honest with you, there was a point I thought to abandon this one but then it picked my interest. (That and I can't leave books half way...)

Her brother is accused of murder and this girl takes "I'll do anything for my brother" to a whole new level. 

She's willing to change her whole life and appearence to get to the botton of that mistery. Her changes may seem like too much but you can see the logic behind it, she IS dealing with SEALs and especial ops people. 

I really enjoyed seeing her perspective on things. What she's willing to sacrifice and who she's facing against with. Also, you get that she's been protected her whole life and now we get to see a new face, a stronger and determined new person. 

This was a short novella and Left you hanging and wanting for more. There are a lot of questions: What happened to make her break up with her ex? Whose the killer? Why won't his team mates help him? 

And I'm really intrigued by her new life undercover. 


Get the book 

Amazon | Libraries | Barnes & Noble | Book Depository


About Alana Albertson

Alana Albertson is a multi-award winning author, current President of Romance Writers of America's Contemporary Romance Chapter and the former President of both Romance Writers of America’s Young Adult and Chick Lit chapters. Alana Albertson holds a Masters of Education from Harvard University and a Bachelor of Arts in English from Stanford University. A recovering professional ballroom dancer, Alana currently writes contemporary romance, new adult and young adult fiction. She lives in San Diego, California, with her husband, two young sons, and four dogs. When she’s not spending her time playing with her sons, dancing, or saving dogs from high kill shelters through Pugs N Roses, the rescue she founded, she can be found watching episodes Homeland, Devious Maids, or Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders: Making the Team.


No comments:

Post a Comment