Follow Us @soratemplates

Saturday, December 5, 2020

Review: Called by the bear


Called by The Bear by V. Vaughn

*This is a serial. The installments are not novel length.*


I’m Carly Cutler and my dreams predict the future. So why am I dreaming about a sexy beast of a guy, a bear, and a paw print design? I don’t know. A force I can’t fight wants me to find out, and I’m leaving the only life I’ve ever known. With a fresh tattoo of a bear paw and my best friend by my side, I’m on a quest to find a man I’ve never met.

Sierra Steele here, and ready for adventure – We’ve been chosen. The moment I saw Carly’s first tattoo, I felt the undeniable attraction of the guy I’ve been dreaming about. My cautious friend can’t resist the pull either, and we’re off to the mountains to get answers. Something’s calling us, and I’m certain the hunky men are our exciting destiny. They’ll keep us safe from the bear, right? 





My thoughts... 

She never felt like she belonged. Being bigger than most also put a damper in her but when she starts dreaming about a hit guy and leaving her life behind, she feels like she has no other choice than leave. Luckily, her friend has the same dreams and goes with her. 

I was hesitant at first, I felt like there was too much of her tome still in California. The journey was more exciting. Meeting the other girls along the way but still not knowing what was calling them to leave. 

I really enjoyed the storyline in the book. The clan calling the girls and the conflict among the bears was a ver exciting element to add. However, the connection among the characters felt too rushed. Yes, they are soul mates and I know they have to feel close to each other but It felt too physical and I didn't see the emotional connection between the two main characters at first. 

I think the only ones who bother to start getting to know each other first were (bad one and other girl). And we still have to see were that goes. 


Her best friend relationship was weird too... see for spoilers

(She was supposed to be someone's soul mate, jumps right into it and then it turns out they aren't! See the problem with the connections, I feel like they had to somehow feel a bit off?)

Like I said, I love the idea of the plot. But at the same time the book has to many pairs and overlapping. I feel like this should have been a shorter book focusing on one pair at the time while moving the plot forward so it could be easier for the reader.

I still enjoyed this very much and I am looking forward to see what happens with the clans.

No comments:

Post a Comment